Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default protected worksheets/access

I've added password protection on a worksheet in a workbook and am now unable
to get to another worksheet in the workbook. How can I access the other
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The first thing to do would be to get the sheet tabs to display again. With
the spreadsheet on the screen, click on Tools on the menubar, then Options.
On the View tab, check Sheet Tabs and click OK. Now can you click on the
sheet tabs and see the sheets? James

"connie" wrote in message
I've added password protection on a worksheet in a workbook and am now
unable
to get to another worksheet in the workbook. How can I access the
other
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Connie,
I'm not really sure what's going on. There are two things you can try.
1. Click on a cell on the spreadsheet to activate it. Press Ctrl-PgUp or
Ctrl-PgDown to switch between sheets.
2. Click on a cell on the spreadsheet to activate it. Press Alt-F11 to
display the code editor. Press Ctlr-g to display the immediate pane. In
there, type
activewindow.WindowState=xlMaximized
and press Enter. Press Alt-F11 to return to the spreadsheet. Any better?
James

"connie" wrote in message
I've added password protection on a worksheet in a workbook and am
now
unable
to get to another worksheet in the workbook. How can I access the
other
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Connie, I'm about tapped out! The only other thing I can suggest is to
click on View on the menubar. If Full Screen is selected, it will have a
border around it. Click on it to take the border away. (The border is hard
to see, so it's easy to accidentally set it Full Screen.) If that doesn't
help, do it again and make sure the border isn't around it. (You don't want
to compound your problem with Full Screen!) There is also a setting in
there called Custom Views. I never use that, so I don't know anything about
it, but you might try clicking on that and see if there's something set in
there. James

"connie" wrote in message
I've added password protection on a worksheet in a workbook and
am
now
unable
to get to another worksheet in the workbook. How can I access
the
other
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Interesting...when I choose 'full screen' I can see the tabs at the bottom
(and obviously not my toolbar). Hopefully I can work in it that way rather
than having to recreate the entire spreadsheet! Thanks ~

connie