Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to locate the error files?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to determine the error files in
following case?

I have a summary excel file, which links from many files for retrieving data.
However, if any file has any error, then when I open the summary file, it
will pop up an error message for "... read only ...". I will like to fix
this specific file, if I can identify which one causing this error, since
this summary file links from many files, it will be a pain taking task to
check all the files in order to locate the right one.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check it in any simple way?
such as under the summary file,

I will link any cell in file 1 into cell A1
I will link any cell in file 2 into cell A2
I will link any cell in file 3 into cell A3
If any file is failed to be accessed, then will it be possible to show an
error message for this cell? therefore, I can easy locate the error file
rather than trying to open each file for checking.
Will it be possible to do that?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions
Eric