Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate one cell with specific figure

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As you may have guessed, I'm new to this Excel game. I have pasted in your
formula but I'm unable to change it successfully and pull through the figures
I want. The column I want to enter the numbers 4-23 is in H with the answer
showing column I. The numbers and answers are in as follows: 4 sits in row
A140 - 23 sitting in A159, subsequently the answers sit in column B. 4's
answer is in B140 - 23's answer sitting in B159. Could you help with the
correct formula? cheers.

"Mike H" wrote:

Say you are looking at numbers in column A and you want column B to populate.
Put this in b1 and drag down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F12,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1 ,E1:F12,2,FALSE))

This looks at a table in E1 to F12 so change to suit.

Mike

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try:

A1=4, A2=5 etc

=33*A1-14 and copy down

(Numbers increase by 33?)

But results for 22=712, 23=745

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1="","",118+(A1-4)*33)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200737

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think Mike forgot the absolute references for his lookup table. I guess
that he intended to say
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,E$1:F$12,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP( A1,E$1:F$12,2,FALSE))

Change this to suit your addresses. Hence in I1 you would have the formula
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(H1,A$140:B$159,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOK UP(H1,A$140:B$159,2,FALSE))
You should then be able to copy that down column I as far as you want it.
--
David Biddulph