Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate one cell with specific figure

Say you are looking at numbers in column A and you want column B to populate.
Put this in b1 and drag down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F12,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1 ,E1:F12,2,FALSE))

This looks at a table in E1 to F12 so change to suit.

Mike

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?