Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
slavenp slavenp is offline

Default Populate one cell with specific figure

As you may have guessed, I'm new to this Excel game. I have pasted in your
formula but I'm unable to change it successfully and pull through the figures
I want. The column I want to enter the numbers 4-23 is in H with the answer
showing column I. The numbers and answers are in as follows: 4 sits in row
A140 - 23 sitting in A159, subsequently the answers sit in column B. 4's
answer is in B140 - 23's answer sitting in B159. Could you help with the
correct formula? cheers.

"Mike H" wrote:

Say you are looking at numbers in column A and you want column B to populate.
Put this in b1 and drag down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F12,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1 ,E1:F12,2,FALSE))

This looks at a table in E1 to F12 so change to suit.

Mike

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to enter a number in one column and populate another column with
a specific number - example: if I enter 4 in one column, then in another
column the figure of 118 would show. The numbers I wish to enter and get an
answer for are from 4 - 23. 4=118, 5=151, 6=184 so on until 22=676 & 23=706.
I have scrolled down the page and put 4-23 in one column and the equivalent
answer next to them in another column. Can YOU help?