Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Consolidation

I have a large list (2000 entries) which contains about 60 different
categories. Right now, I have it listed like this:

Category A - Value 1
Category A - Value 2
Category A - Value 3
Category B - Value 1
.... etc.

Is there a nice way to consolidate this so that I have:

Category A - Sum of all A Values
Category B - Sum of all B Values
...etc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have had a lot of trouble figuring out how to use pivot tables. is there
tutorial you can suggest?

Try http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelTutori...4/Default.aspx

Has a section on using Pivot Tables for data consolidation.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com