ktatey

Default Problem with Data Consolidation

I am using Excel 2003 to run a Workbook for doing the running statistics for
a Darts Association. I use Data Consolidation in a Macro to update the
Workbook after entering all of the data for a round. My problem arose with
the ladder when two teams had a draw, normally there is 2 points given for a
win and this works fine but for a draw there is only 1 point given and the
consolidation will not sum the one point. I tried using data consolidate
without the macro and it still would not do it. In another part of the ladder
data is consolidated to sum the number of games played, this data is added 1
at a time and this consolidates fine. I am at a loss as to what is happening,
it seems that Excel does not want to recognise a 1 in a column that has
always had 2's in it, if that is possible.
Bryan Hessey

Is the number '1' on the left or right side of the column, ie is the
'1' a number as the '2' is, or a text item.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400005

ktatey

Hi
Thank you for taking an interest.
The cells are all formated as numbers.
I just tried them as text but it still won't do anything with the 1's.

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hessey

A cell may be formatted as numbers, but the contents may still be text,
as it would be if you entered '1
single quote 1

assuming B8 is a cell with a 1, what happens if you put in another cell
=B8, and then try =B8+1
Is the 1 (or 2) selected from a formula =if(a1=b1,1,2) etc? - if so can
you post that formula, or can you copy that portion of the worksheet and
post it?

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Thank you for taking an interest.
The cells are all formated as numbers.
I just tried them as text but it still won't do anything with the 1's.

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hessey's Profile:

View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400005

ktatey

Hi
Here are the cells and the formula's in those cells
Cell CO12 is the one I need to consolidate, it has a 1 in it, usually there
is a 2 in it and it consolidates fine

Cell Formula
CO12 =CE12
CE12 =IF(CB120,REBELS!$DR$230,0)
REBELS DR230 =IF(DS226=1,2,OR(IF(DR228=1,1,0)))

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Thank you for taking an interest.
The cells are all formated as numbers.
I just tried them as text but it still won't do anything with the 1's.

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hessey

try

REBELS DR230 =IF(DS226=1,2,IF(DR228=1,1,0))

the 'or(' appears superfluous

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Here are the cells and the formula's in those cells
Cell CO12 is the one I need to consolidate, it has a 1 in it, usually
there
is a 2 in it and it consolidates fine

Cell Formula
CO12 =CE12
CE12 =IF(CB120,REBELS!$DR$230,0)
REBELS DR230 =IF(DS226=1,2,OR(IF(DR228=1,1,0)))

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Thank you for taking an interest.
The cells are all formated as numbers.
I just tried them as text but it still won't do anything with the

1's.

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
[...]

ktatey

Hi
That hit the spot, I greatly appreciate your help and thanks heaps.
Cheers
ktatey

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Here are the cells and the formula's in those cells
Cell CO12 is the one I need to consolidate, it has a 1 in it, usually
there
is a 2 in it and it consolidates fine

Cell Formula
CO12 =CE12
CE12 =IF(CB120,REBELS!$DR$230,0)
REBELS DR230 =IF(DS226=1,2,OR(IF(DR228=1,1,0)))

Hi,

ktatey Wrote:
Hi
Thank you for taking an interest.
The cells are all formated as numbers.
I just tried them as text but it still won't do anything with the

1's.

Hi,