Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to specify "not equal to"?

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

If I may, let's change the example to summing numbers in A1:A7 that are not
equal to 2. Obviously, it makes no sense to exclude 0 from a sum
calculation.

=SUMIF(A1:A7,"<2")
or if B1 = 2
=SUMIF(A1:A7,"<"&B1)

However, the idea is the same for 0 if that's truly what you want. If it is
not helpful, please post back w/some more details about what you are actually
trying to do. If you have multiple conditions or more complex conditions,
you may need to use a different function (such as sumproduct).

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

"Melissa" wrote:

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes you are right, it makes no sense whatsoever to sum up a range and exclude
0 from it :o)
I just wanted to know what the "not equal to" sign was which you've provided
as "<". Thanks very much!

"Melissa" wrote:

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Melissa" wrote:

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.plz halp mee to you than any thing question to serial answwer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Melissa" wrote:

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.i like nat a other formula i choose a date of formula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMIF(A1:A11,"<0",A1:A11)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP