Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default how to specify "not equal to"?

If I may, let's change the example to summing numbers in A1:A7 that are not
equal to 2. Obviously, it makes no sense to exclude 0 from a sum
calculation.

=SUMIF(A1:A7,"<2")
or if B1 = 2
=SUMIF(A1:A7,"<"&B1)

However, the idea is the same for 0 if that's truly what you want. If it is
not helpful, please post back w/some more details about what you are actually
trying to do. If you have multiple conditions or more complex conditions,
you may need to use a different function (such as sumproduct).

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

"Melissa" wrote:

To give a simple example, I would like to sum a range of cells only if the
values are not 0. So the sum should include both positive and negative
numbers. What would the formula look like?
Thank you very much.