Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brantlee

Default Excel solver should allow "equal to" value to be a selected cell.

I am trying to solve a log series equation in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I
want to have excel adjust a single variable in the equation to find a product
equal to another value. The solver function ALMOST works, but requires that
the "equal to" value be minimum, maximum, or a defined integer. I want to be
able to set the "equal to" value as a selected cell, because the target value
is the result of another formula and will be different each time I perform
the operation. Is there another Excel tool that will allow me to do this?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions