Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Last Saved Date in Footer (right aligned)

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just paste the following macro into the ThisWorkbok area:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyy")
Gary''s Student - gsnu200737

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cheryl,

Try,

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Last saved " & Date
End Sub

Mike

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the response. One thing: I need to have the literal "Last
Revision Date:" prior to the actual date. How do I modify what you've given
to me for this to occur? Again, thank you!

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I get a compile error - I tried
several times (cut and pasting your info below). Any ideas?

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cheryl,

Alt + F11 to open VB editor
Double click "This Workbook"

From the dropdowns on the right panel select

"Workbook" and in the other dropdown select "Before Save"
Paste the line of code in there

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Mike.
Can you tell me how I can also add the time (the time the doc was modified)?
i.e.
Last Saved: 09/05/07 08:42am

Thank you!

"Mike H" wrote: