Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Last Saved Date in Footer (right aligned)

Cheryl,

Alt + F11 to open VB editor
Double click "This Workbook"

From the dropdowns on the right panel select

"Workbook" and in the other dropdown select "Before Save"
Paste the line of code in there

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Last saved " & Date

Mike

"CherylH" wrote:

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I get a compile error - I tried
several times (cut and pasting your info below). Any ideas?

"CherylH" wrote:

I need for the "last saved date" to appear each time the excel workbook is
SAVED (not necessarily printed). I would like the footer to have the
following literal so that folks reviewing understand this is a "last saved
date" and not a "printed date":
Last Revision Date: <lastrevisiondate

I'm sure this requires code and I am by no means a coding person! Can
anyone help please?