Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default typing the date in a cell in excel and ###### comes up instead

I'm trying to put the date in to a cell in excel. It worked for the months of
July but when I try to put in August dates it just comes up with ######
instead of 08-Aug-07. Help anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lisa, try and widen the column

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003
"Lisa" wrote in message
I'm trying to put the date in to a cell in excel. It worked for the months
of
July but when I try to put in August dates it just comes up with ######
instead of 08-Aug-07. Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lisa,

You have to widen the cell by draging it from the top.
Or Right click cell, select Format, click Date, and finaly select the
style you want to use.

Sexy name,
Hope this works.

"Lisa" wrote:

I'm trying to put the date in to a cell in excel. It worked for the months of
July but when I try to put in August dates it just comes up with ######
instead of 08-Aug-07. Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default typing the date in a cell in excel and ###### comes up instea

Thanks. Its annoying that it was something so simple. That's been bothering
me for weeks!!
Strange place to try and pick up...

"Lisa" wrote:

I'm trying to put the date in to a cell in excel. It worked for the months of
July but when I try to put in August dates it just comes up with ######
instead of 08-Aug-07. Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometime it's the simple things that trip you up.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003