Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting rows in worksheet

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with around 20 work sheets.
I want to insert one row above row no. 3, in each work sheet.
I do not want to do it manually as it takes time. Can anyone suggest on how
this can be done efficiently (either a VB Script or a macro)?

Thanks
P.Hamsa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all,
After inserting row I also need to paste Row # 2 (row above Row $ 3) after
copying the contents from one of the worksheets in the same file.

Request your help.

Thanks
P.Hamsa

"P.hamsa" wrote:

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with around 20 work sheets.
I want to insert one row above row no. 3, in each work sheet.
I do not want to do it manually as it takes time. Can anyone suggest on how
this can be done efficiently (either a VB Script or a macro)?

Thanks
P.Hamsa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the leftmost sheet, then while pressing the SHIFT key down, select the
rightmost sheet. This way, all the sheets are selected. Now, select row 3,
then press CTRL and + together. A row has just been added to all selected
sheets at the exact same place. Click again on one sheet tab to only select
one of them and continue your work.

P.hamsa wrote:
Hi,
I have an excel sheet with around 20 work sheets.
I want to insert one row above row no. 3, in each work sheet.
I do not want to do it manually as it takes time. Can anyone suggest on how
this can be done efficiently (either a VB Script or a macro)?

Thanks
P.Hamsa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Thanks. That worked.
Btw, Can you pls suggest on another problem?

I have one master worksheet (worksheet 1) , where I need to copy each row
(Row 3 to Row 35) from the master worksheet to the Row # 2 of each of the
worksheet sequentially.
Ex:- Row no 3 from master work sheet to Row no. 2 of Worksheet 2 , similarly
Row no 4 from master work sheet to Row no. 2 of Worksheet 3,
Row no 5 from master work sheet to Row no. 2 of Worksheet 4
and so on...

Thanks
P.Hamsa

P.hamsa wrote:
Hi,
I have an excel sheet with around 20 work sheets.
I want to insert one row above row no. 3, in each work sheet.
I do not want to do it manually as it takes time. Can anyone suggest on how
this can be done efficiently (either a VB Script or a macro)?

Thanks
P.Hamsa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You must group all your worksheet and then you can add a row or inser a row.
When you group the worksheet, what happens is that anything you do in the
active sheet will automatically get assigned to other worksheet within the
workbook.

To group your worksheet Do one of the following:

Click Sheet1 and then press the Shift key and click the last sheet within
the Workbook.

-or-

Click Sheet1 and press the Ctrl key and click only those sheets you want to
group in the Workbook.

Note: After you complete your task, right-click on the sheet and select
Ungroup Sheets to deleselt the all the sheet within the grouped worksheet.

Challa Prabhu