Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i display base 2 to the 7

how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?

I'm not sure what you are asking here (and by the lack of responses, I'm
guessing no one else is either). Can you provide an example to show what you
have and what you are trying to do with it?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi shumba,

Type '27 in the cell.
Then in the Formula Bar highlight the 7 only
Go to FormatCells and check Superscript

HTH
Martin

"shumba64" wrote in message
how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Martin - Great idea, but I can't make it stick, once I click out or press
return.
It reverts back to 27 versus the 2 with the 7 in subscript..

"shumba64" wrote in message
how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you typing the leading apostrophe that Martin suggested?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to expand on that. You need to make sure that your input is text,
either by using a leading apostrophe, preformatting the cell as text or
it may happen naturally if you are typing something like 10 x 2³.

HTH
Martin

"shumba64" wrote in message

how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Debra and Martin..
I did preface my cell with the " ' ", that is '27
before doing that formatting . oh well....
Tks,
Jim