Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default how do i display base 2 to the 7

Just to expand on that. You need to make sure that your input is text,
either by using a leading apostrophe, preformatting the cell as text or
it may happen naturally if you are typing something like 10 x 2³.

HTH
Martin

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Are you typing the leading apostrophe that Martin suggested?

Jim May wrote:
Martin - Great idea, but I can't make it stick, once I click out or press
return.
It reverts back to 27 versus the 2 with the 7 in subscript..

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi shumba,

Type '27 in the cell.
Then in the Formula Bar highlight the 7 only
Go to FormatCells and check Superscript

HTH
Martin

"shumba64" wrote in message

how do i display base 2 to the 7 without having it calculate anythin?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures