Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The drop down menu of my validation list needs to display more.

When you use the Data menu's validation category, threre is an option to only
allow a cell to hold a values from a LIST. After you create a list there
suddenly appears a little arrow (or upside down triangle) next to the cell
you validated. When you click on this arrow some of the values in your list
are displayed.
My problem is that the list only displays 8 values; I need it to display 10.
How do I make the drop down menu of my validation list display more values??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the scroll bar to see the 9th and 10th items. If you had,
say, 25 items it would be pointless showing them all on screen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 31, 2:58 pm, Mr. Hill <Mr.
wrote:
When you use the Data menu's validation category, threre is an option to only
allow a cell to hold a values from a LIST. After you create a list there
suddenly appears a little arrow (or upside down triangle) next to the cell
you validated. When you click on this arrow some of the values in your list
are displayed.
My problem is that the list only displays 8 values; I need it to display 10.
How do I make the drop down menu of my validation list display more values??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

I assume you want the original black to show 10, you could use the slider
block to show the other 2.
if you want all to show more than 8you will have to use a more complex setup
using the drop down box from the forms toolbar and set it up with helper cells