Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Find Duplicate Information

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to have a macro that searches each
column, Ranges A1:A5, for duplicate numbers/information/values before I close
the spreadsheet and then have it alert me when it finds any? If it is, does
anyone know where I can get a macro like that? Heck, I wouldn't mind if I had
to run it manually either, just something that can find dups without me
having to eyeball hundreds of lines through five columns.

Thanks Very Much In Advance,
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without a Macro - You could use Conditional Formatting
Sample below (say yoor data range is A1:D10)

1) With A1 the activecell - Highlight A1:D10
2) Format, ConditionalFormatting...
3) Select FormulaIs (from Drop-down) an in box paste the below formula.
4) Choose a Color
5) OK Out...

=COUNTIF($A$1:$D$10,A1)1 'Note first argument if Absolute, 2nd is not

Write back if problems;

Jim

=COUNTIF($A$1:$D$10,A1)1

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to have a macro that searches each
column, Ranges A1:A5, for duplicate numbers/information/values before I close
the spreadsheet and then have it alert me when it finds any? If it is, does
anyone know where I can get a macro like that? Heck, I wouldn't mind if I had
to run it manually either, just something that can find dups without me
having to eyeball hundreds of lines through five columns.

Thanks Very Much In Advance,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can use "Advanced Filter", by selecting the Unquie Records only check
box in the Advanced Filter dialog box. If this method is not appropriate for
your solution, then a macro could be considered as a desired choice.

Challa Prabhu