Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Another sumproduct question

I have column A which is the year
I have column B which has any data
I have column C which has a dollar amount

I need a sumproduct formula that will look at year=2007, then any row
in column B with data of any kind, then total the dollar amounts in
column C

The B data is either text, numeric or empty cells I just want total
dollars of column C that corresponds to nonblank cells in column B and
2007 in column A

Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this, I think it works (appears to for me). Change range of rows to
match your needs:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4=2007),--(B1:B4<0),--(C1:C4))
with
A B C
1 2007 [empty] 45
2 2000 2k 100
3 2007 text 50
4 1999 14 80

I get 50 (from row 3). If I put a number or text in B1, it comes up 95.

"wx4usa" wrote:

I have column A which is the year
I have column B which has any data
I have column C which has a dollar amount

I need a sumproduct formula that will look at year=2007, then any row
in column B with data of any kind, then total the dollar amounts in
column C

The B data is either text, numeric or empty cells I just want total
dollars of column C that corresponds to nonblank cells in column B and
2007 in column A

Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"wx4usa" wrote:
I have column A which is the year
I have column B which has any data
I have column C which has a dollar amount

I need a sumproduct formula that will look at year=2007, then any row
in column B with data of any kind, then total the dollar amounts in
column C

The B data is either text, numeric or empty cells I just want total
dollars of column C that corresponds to nonblank cells in column B and
2007 in column A

Is that possible?

Thank you that worked very well!