Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default several different sized charts within the same sheet

I have to make a spec sheet with many different sized charts within the one
document. I will not be using any formulas.

The question I have is how do I change the size of one chart (i.e. column
width) without effecting the other charts on the same page?

I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 version 11.0.8142

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

right click the chart Format Chart Area/properties/ UNCHECK move and size
with cells, then just move and size using the black boxes at the corners and
sides of the chart, what do you call them, grab handles, and you can size
each chart independently.

"graimej" wrote:

I have to make a spec sheet with many different sized charts within the one
document. I will not be using any formulas.

The question I have is how do I change the size of one chart (i.e. column
width) without effecting the other charts on the same page?

I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 version 11.0.8142

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your quick response. But I'm not really using a "chart" per se...
I'm creating a form to be filled out & there are different boxes (i.e.
charts) within it.

Isn't there a way to make one chart which has 15 columns on the same sheet
with another chart that has 9 columns - but for both charts to have different
column widths yet take up the same amount of space on the sheet?

Thanks again!

"graimej" wrote:

I have to make a spec sheet with many different sized charts within the one
document. I will not be using any formulas.

The question I have is how do I change the size of one chart (i.e. column
width) without effecting the other charts on the same page?

I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 version 11.0.8142

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no - each column has one specific width. However, look at the functionality
in the drawing toolbar, add textboxes etc. In that way you are not dependant
on column width. Or - use a different program.....

"graimej" wrote:

I have to make a spec sheet with many different sized charts within the one
document. I will not be using any formulas.

The question I have is how do I change the size of one chart (i.e. column
width) without effecting the other charts on the same page?

I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 version 11.0.8142

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can experiment with merging of cells. In many cases, merged cells will
be a major inconvenience, but for a simple data entry form, it probably will
not affect you adversely.

Do the input tables have to be on the same worksheet? If not, use separate
sheets, and modify each sheet as appropriate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions