Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Default Macro won't run in the newer version

Ever since I had newer version of Excel installed I cant run macro
which was executing perfectly before an update.
Excel version: 2003 SP2
VB version: 6.3 9972

Below is the code, which always shows as a stopper .

Workbooks("SummaryMaster2").Activate
Workbooks("SummaryMaster2").Sheets("Main").Select

And the error message is
Run-time error 9
Subscript out of range

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Don,

Thank you for responding. I had tried this before and
it didn't work. I had tried one more time as you suggested below
but it didn't work. Could you suggest anything else?
This macro is working on version SP1
I'll appreciate any help.

Teresa

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Are you sure? Did you forget .xls?

with Workbooks("SummaryMaster2.xls")
.Activate
.Sheets("Main").Select
end with

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"TC" wrote in message
Ever since I had newer version of Excel installed I cant run macro
which was executing perfectly before an update.
Excel version: 2003 SP2
VB version: 6.3 9972

Below is the code, which always shows as a stopper .

Workbooks("SummaryMaster2").Activate
Workbooks("SummaryMaster2").Sheets("Main").Select

And the error message is
Run-time error 9
Subscript out of range

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Thank you Don.

I had forgotten about other places in the program that
should be changed as well. Your advice did help somehow,
although I think there must be other problems.
It did started the program however the macro is not
being executed as was the case in my older version.
Would you know of any change in syntax conventions?
Or, do I need any additional program tools installed on my computer?
Thank you enormously for your help.
Any other suggestions will be welcomed.
Thank you.

Teresa

"Don Guillett" wrote:

What I proposed should work if your Summary.xls is OPEN.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel