Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Document looking for old version of macro

I have a macro written in VB with several functions that do various
computations on data in cells. As updates are made to the macro, it is
renamed (e.g. macro_v1.1, macro_v1.5, etc.) so that the history is
maintained. If I create a new document and call some function from the
macro, it works perfectly.

The problem occures on two occasions:
1. One person edits the document and another person opens it.
2. The macro is updated.

In both cases, Excel is unable to find the macro and the following
appears in the cell:
'C:\Documents and Settings\userID\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns\macro_v2.1.xla'! foo(x, y, z)

instead of: foo(x, y, z)

Once I delete everything before the function call, it works correctly.

None of the function names are changed and all users saved the macro in
C:\additional_functions\. Old versions of the macro are replaced by
new versions. Old versions are kept in a separate location from the
current version. It seems like Excel hard codes the name/location of
the macro as it's editing instead of just the function name.

Is there a way to disable this?

Amy