Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What can I do if all Microsoft 2003 office products stop working?

about a week ago, my Microsoft Outlook stopped working. Then I noticed word
documents weren't working either. It turns out that suddenly none of my
Micorsoft 2003 Office products are working. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

ps I'm able to view/send/receive emails remotely from the same account.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Stopped working" is a lousy description of the problem. It's kinda
like calling your mechanic on the phone and saying "my car stopped
working" and then expecting your mechanic to know what's wrong with your
car (did you run out of gas? did you blow the engine? did you wrap the
car around a telephone pole? etc.)... way not enough information.
Describe what happens when you start Outlook or Word... remember, we
can't see your screen from here. If you get error messages when you
start Outlook or Word, then quote the error messages exactly and completely.

pdot wrote:

about a week ago, my Microsoft Outlook stopped working. Then I noticed word
documents weren't working either. It turns out that suddenly none of my
Micorsoft 2003 Office products are working. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

ps I'm able to view/send/receive emails remotely from the same account.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What can I do if all Microsoft 2003 office products stop worki

I first noticed the problem with Microsoft Outlook - it worked fine, then it
got stuck at "send/receive status 50%" I was receiving an error message
(0x80042109) that said there was a problem sending/receiving emails and check
with my internet service provider. I poked around on their website to see if
there were any known issues currently. There weren't so I accessed the email
account remotely without a problem (not using Microsoft outlook).
I then tried to open a word doc to keep track of my error messages. It
simply froze. (no errors - just "not responding")
Today, with excel, I'm getting "running virus scans" and nothing happens.
I can't close word or excel when I try to open a document or sheet.

pdot wrote:

about a week ago, my Microsoft Outlook stopped working. Then I noticed word
documents weren't working either. It turns out that suddenly none of my
Micorsoft 2003 Office products are working. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

ps I'm able to view/send/receive emails remotely from the same account.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"This product has already been activated." - received when I try that with
Outlook and Excel. I can't open Word.
thanks for the suggestion!

pdot wrote:

about a week ago, my Microsoft Outlook stopped working. Then I noticed word
documents weren't working either. It turns out that suddenly none of my
Micorsoft 2003 Office products are working. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

ps I'm able to view/send/receive emails remotely from the same account.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have Norton Antivirus, then turn off the Office Plugin that comes
with it, but don't turn off Norton AutoProtect. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs
with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. That
should fix the Excel "virus scan" problem, and it might fix everything
else too.

If Word still goes "not responding" on startup after you turn off the
Norton Antivirus Office Plugin, then work through the troubleshooting
steps in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm .