Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofilter Data to separate worksheet

If you have a macro that does automatic sort at the beginning, you could add
one line that removes existing filtering (ActiveSheet.ShowAllData).

If you absolutely want a separate sheet for each Supervisor, then select all
these sheets together (click on the first one, then press Shift key, then
click on the last one while shift key is still pressed), then put in cell A1:
=SheetMaster!A1, then extend the formula to the whole range (add plenty of
blank rows at the bottom, so future additions in the master table will also
appear on individual sheets. Now select the master sheet in order to
deselect all the other sheets, then go to each sheet and use Data Filter
Autofilter and pre-select the Supervisor name.

Stephane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried both of these options... the first one... I guess I'm doing
something wrong? Do I put that command for "thisworkbook" or that
particular page? Also - should it actually say
"ActiveSheet.ShowAllData" or am I calling the ActiveSheet whatever the
page is? (I'm sorry - I really know almost nothing about VB or macros
- someone else helped me make the macro to have it sort the data
alphabetically). It seemed that in order to get it to show all the
rows again I had to go and UNSELECT the "autofilter" button again...

With the second option - I managed to get it to copy all the data...
the only problem is - it won't let me autofilter from these other
pages. Because it's a formula, I presume? It has no option to filter
anything... so that's not a viable solution...

Thanks! :)