Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter by Latest Date

I would like to instruct a macro to filter out everything but the latest date
in a date field. The MonthYr I want to keep is included in the title of the
file, if that helps. The overall goal is to string several existing macros
together to filter and number the latest monthly metric scores in one list
(quickly). 'Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An idea to consider: you could add an additional column with the function
RANK([date], [whole range]) and filter with the value 1 in that column.

Stephane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stephane: Thank you for responding. I did manage to combine a number of
queries into one and to make it work one time. But, later I received a debug
error when I tried to run it a second time. The smaller macros work one at a
time, so that is one good thing, anyway.

I have a working macro to insert a rank column, another one to start the
autofilter, another to number the rank scores in the rank column. What is
tricky, and does not seem to work, is to record the steps to filter out all
but the latest monthly scores, to sort by those scores and to filter out rows
without scores.

DOUG