Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default X axis date - display beyond latest date.

Hi
I'm using Excel '97 (Yeah, I know, but it's all I can afford at the moment)

I want the X axis to always display a month beyond the latest date, so
that the line graph stops short of the right hand side.

I can get the Y Axis of value to stay ahead of the game by a consistent
amount, but the date defaults back to the latest date when Auto for Max
value is ticked.

Is this possible? Will I have to use VBA?
Please clue me in.

Thanks
Dave F.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Add a series to the chart. It can consist of a single point, where the date
is calculated as the maximum in your date column plus 30, and the value is
any arbitrary value (like zero). Convert this series to an XY type (Chart
menu Chart Type), move the series back to the primary axis (double click
the new series, Axis tab), then format the series to be invisible (no
marker, no line). The axis keeps moving 30 days to the right as your main
data accumulates and the XY series date increases.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions