andrew

Default A4 size Excel 2000 files wont fit

I am trying to open a number of A4 size Excel 2000 files
but for some reason they appear wider and longer taking
up 4 pages in Excel 2003. Page set up is identical with
small margins and A4 portrait all as the original files.

Can anyone help me please.

Many thanks.

Andrew

Andrew

Yes I did try this and although it fits across the wide
the page shrinks by the same amount making the length
much shorter with a quarter of the page blank at the
bottom. Its almost as if my original is A4 + 3cm. A real
problem as I have dozens of different files and its
happening to all of them.

Regards,

Andrew

Did you try in page setup.....Fit to one page wide by

one page tall option?

Regards
Bill K

"andrew" wrote in

message
I am trying to open a number of A4 size Excel 2000 files
but for some reason they appear wider and longer taking
up 4 pages in Excel 2003. Page set up is identical with
small margins and A4 portrait all as the original

files.

Can anyone help me please.

Many thanks.

Andrew

.

Andrew

Yes I did this but the page shrunk and fitted across the
width but the heaight was reduced and left a significant
amount of white space at the bottom of the sheet. Its as
if my original A4 sheet comes in as A4 + 3cm
Very frustrating!! I have lots of sheets and files to
transfer to my new computer all appaer to be the wrong
size yet everthing has been set the same A4 sheet,
portrait, margins etc.

Regards,

Andrew
Did you try in page setup.....Fit to one page wide by

one page tall option?

Regards
Bill K

"andrew" wrote in

message
I am trying to open a number of A4 size Excel 2000 files
but for some reason they appear wider and longer taking
up 4 pages in Excel 2003. Page set up is identical with
small margins and A4 portrait all as the original

files.

Can anyone help me please.

Many thanks.

Andrew

.

Bill Kuunders

You may need to look at the standard font setting in
<tools<options<general
If they are the same then try to narrow all columns by a fraction.

Select the small square above 1 and to the left of A , and use
<format<column<width or the mouse pointer to change them all at once.

Good Luck
Bill K