Sri

Default Excel files stored on a different server

Hello,

I need to open Excel files using a macro that are stored
in a different server which is controlled by user accounts.

My normal practise is to map a drive to the server using
my username and password and then use the mapped drive to
point to the files stored there..

I want to automate this process, by enabling the macro to
connect to the server by getting the user informations and
open the excel files...(preferably by not mapping drives..
which i tried using MSDOS commands)...

Can we use a similar sort of thing like...

\\serverip\foldername\filename...(but don't know how to
supply the user name and password of the serverin this)

Any help please..

Thanks,
Sri