Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto-refresh external data?

I have recently linked to external data from a Microsoft Access Query. Then
I was linking the Excel file back into Access to be used as a table (instead
of a query). I set it up to auto-refresh every 60 minutes. When I view the
linked table in Access, it does not appear to have updated properly. Does
the Excel file need to be open in order for the auto-refresh to function? I
was hoping it could stay closed, because I have no reason to ever open the
Excel file. I'm simply using this method as a way to turn query results into
a table...