Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot (Crosstab) Table format

When I double click a cell that has a roll-up value in it, another Excel
sheet opens with the detail. How do I format the results detail? It is a
series of numbers and the decimal places will go out 16 places, although the
crosstab table looks just fine..

Thanks

Dave K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format it the way you like.

I guess your real question is why doesn't excel keep the same formatting as the
worksheet that contained the original data.

It doesn't. I don't think you'll be able to change that behavior.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007 it will create a table in the default table style. The
number columns are all in General format.

Dave wrote:

When I double click a cell that has a roll-up value in it, another Excel
sheet opens with the detail. How do I format the results detail? It is a
series of numbers and the decimal places will go out 16 places, although the
crosstab table looks just fine..

Thanks

Dave K

--

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks - sounds like a solid "No"!

Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Thakn yuo, ma'am.

<vbg

Dave wrote:

When I double click a cell that has a roll-up value in it, another Excel
sheet opens with the detail. How do I format the results detail? It is a
series of numbers and the decimal places will go out 16 places, although the
crosstab table looks just fine..

Thanks

Dave K

--