Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help! Find reference of last used row

I know this is a simple thing I'm sure.

I'm just trying to find the reference of the cell after the last cell with
data in it in a known column.

I'm sleep deprived and can no longer figure simple things out! I need to get
this done so I can sleep! Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ADDRESS(MATCH(LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A65535)),A1:A65535),A:A,0)+1,1)

will give address for column A

Change the last "1" to your column as well as changing the "A" ranges

"Haxer" wrote:

I know this is a simple thing I'm sure.

I'm just trying to find the reference of the cell after the last cell with
data in it in a known column.

I'm sleep deprived and can no longer figure simple things out! I need to get
this done so I can sleep! Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your quick answer. I should have explained more... I am
actually using a macro. I need it to find the last cell in column A that has
data in it. Then add one to it (drop down to the next empty row) and give me
the reference of that cell (examle: A564) I need to place data in cells
pertaining to that reference and would like to know what it is. Thank you for
all your help!

"Haxer" wrote:

I know this is a simple thing I'm sure.

I'm just trying to find the reference of the cell after the last cell with
data in it in a known column.

I'm sleep deprived and can no longer figure simple things out! I need to get
this done so I can sleep! Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub findbottom()
MsgBox ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0).Address
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP