Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find the cell reference for a vlookup?

I am trying to find the cell value of the cell one row below the vlookup
value.

For example:

Example1 is a range for the following information.

XYZ Widget
Widget Description

VLOOKUP(XYZ,Example1,2,FALSE) returns Widget
I want to find the Widget Description value.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your lookup range is A1:A10 and you want to return the corresponding
value (but one below) from B1:b10

=INDEX(B1:B10,MATCH(XYZ,A1:A10,0)+1)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your columns are A & B and Rows are 1 and 2

=INDIRECT("B"&MATCH("XYZ",A1:A2,1)+1)

Curious Excel User Wrote:
I am trying to find the cell value of the cell one row below the
vlookup
value.

For example:

Example1 is a range for the following information.

XYZ Widget
Widget Description

VLOOKUP(XYZ,Example1,2,FALSE) returns Widget
I want to find the Widget Description value.

Any ideas?

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768