Rich

Default Convert VLOOKUP to absolute cell reference

My spreadsheet has a VLOOKUP through 44,000 rows that only needed to be
performed once. The relevant data is in the VLOOKUP cells as I want them and
the lookup values will never change. As long as I keep the other worksheet
intact, can I convert the VLOOKUP formulas to absolute references? My
spreadsheet is running very slow with the VLOOKUP in place, so I'm trying to
speed things up. Would this idea work?
HITESH

Hi Rich,

You can try to convert all the formulas as values by using copy and paste
special values.

also you can try to go to options calculation and change the options to
manual recalculation hence excel will only calcualte the formulae if you
press F9.

Check if it helped

"Rich" wrote:

My spreadsheet has a VLOOKUP through 44,000 rows that only needed to be
performed once. The relevant data is in the VLOOKUP cells as I want them and
the lookup values will never change. As long as I keep the other worksheet
intact, can I convert the VLOOKUP formulas to absolute references? My
spreadsheet is running very slow with the VLOOKUP in place, so I'm trying to
speed things up. Would this idea work?

Anne Troy

Since it seems you know how to use the vlookup easy enough, why don't you
just remove the formulas entirely? Select them all, hit Ctrl+C, then
Edit--Paste special--Values, OK.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com