Junior Member

Default Can't find the min of a lookup reference

I have an array of cells in one sheet, which I am trying to find the minimum value, based on a condition.

Example:
Sheet: Data Sheet
Floor SquareFeet
1 500
1 550
1 425
2 345
2 370
3 500
4 400

Sheet: Summary Sheet
Floor 1 Min. Sq.Ft
1 425
2 345
etc

I need to be able to sort the data sheet on various other criteria, so the value that the summary sheet retrieves needs to be dynamic. If anyone could help me on this, it would be greatly appreciated!!

- Jaret
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Try something like

=MIN(IF(A1:A100=1,B1:B100))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Junior Member

This works perfect. I had this equation long into my trial and error, but had an issue because of the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. What exactly does that confirmation do? I guess I never came across the issue, but until I did this, my results were flawed.

Thanks a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddylonglegs
Try something like

=MIN(IF(A1:A100=1,B1:B100))

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=511567
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER is required for what are sometimes known as "array
formulas" see here for some more detail

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm