Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Excel User

Default Find the Cell Reference Resulting from MAX function

Greetings!

In col A, I have labels. In col B, I have numbers.

After using the MAX function for the values in col B, how do I get the label
(text) from the cell in col A with the highest value in col B resulting from
the MAX function?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Just change the row reference of 100 to fit your data:

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(MAX(B1:B100),B1:B100,0))

Dave