Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing selection color

How can I change the cell/row/column selection color? The default light
blue/grey
does not show up well on certain monitors.

Thank you for your attention.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tony,

I that's controlled by the Windows environment. To change it bring up your
Display Properties dialog, select the Appearance tab, click on Advanced.
Then in the item dropdown choose Selected Items. Change the color to
whatever you like. Then OK your way out.

Mike

"Tony" wrote:

How can I change the cell/row/column selection color? The default light
blue/grey
does not show up well on certain monitors.

Thank you for your attention.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Mike, I should have mentioned that I'm using Excel 2007 so the Display
properties is under the Advanced selection for Excel Options. There's no
place there to change any colors. Thank you for your response, though.

"Tony" wrote:

How can I change the cell/row/column selection color? The default light
blue/grey
does not show up well on certain monitors.

Thank you for your attention.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Guys, I have exactly the same problem. not just the selected cells, but
also handles around objects (such as charts ) are darned near invisible. Does
anyone have an idea???????????

"Tony" wrote:

How can I change the cell/row/column selection color? The default light
blue/grey
does not show up well on certain monitors.

Thank you for your attention.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again,
I have found a way to work around this problem for the time being: if you
set the fill color for the entire sheet (or just certain areas) to a light
grey, the selected cells are much easier to differentiate. At least this
works for my flatscreen. You might have to experiment a bit with the fill
colors to find the best one.