Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying labels down

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet, and it looks like the following:

watford hospital 123456
serial 1

chesham hospital 123456
serial 1
serial 3
serial 7
serial 2
serial 5

and so on for many rows, with a different amount of items after each top
line. I want to copy column A header down on all line (about 20000) so it
looks like this:

watford hospital 123456
watford hospital serial 1

chesham hospital 123456
chesham hospital serial 1
chesham hospital serial 3
chesham hospital serial 7
chesham hospital serial 2
chesham hospital serial 5

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the hospital column then F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type an = sign in activecell then point to or arrow up to cell above.

Hit CTRL + ENTER.

Deal with the formulas by copypaste specialvalues

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP