Brandon

Default Forgotten Password to Unprotect Workbook/sheet

Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if
the original password is forgotten???

Dave Peterson

Visit JE McGimpsey's site:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

See John McGimpsey's site for info and methods.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

But you must promise us you are not doing this for nefarious reasons.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:07:03 -0800, "Brandon"
wrote:

Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if
the original password is forgotten???

Ken Wright

It's OK, John has amended it such that if the code detects nefarious
intentions it will delete all data within the workbook and then save the
workbook, so no worries on that score <g

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

wrote:

Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel

2002/2003 if
the original password is forgotten???

Gord Dibben

Happy to hear that Ken.

I can sleep better now knowing I have not become a co-conspirator in a
criminal enterprise<g

Gord

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:25:38 -0000, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

It's OK, John has amended it such that if the code detects nefarious
intentions it will delete all data within the workbook and then save the
workbook, so no worries on that score <g

Brandon

No worries, gentleman. This was a spreadsheet I created awhile ago, and used
for a contract I was on, and haven't used since. I am on a new contract
where this can be utilized again, but needs to be customized. I can't
customize it without unprotecting the workbook, which I initially protected
so end-users couldn't mess it up. But, the password used to unprotect it was
specific to that company I worked with, and I have since forgotten the
passwords I used back then. Thanks for the help!!

wrote:

It's OK, John has amended it such that if the code detects nefarious
intentions it will delete all data within the workbook and then save the
workbook, so no worries on that score <g

Gord Dibben

Brandon

Just pulling your padonger as Ken points out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

It's OK, John has amended it such that if the code detects nefarious
intentions it will delete all data within the workbook and then save the
workbook, so no worries on that score <g

alankeno

Hello All,

I've inheirited some workbooks that to my displeasure are passworded.
The original owner doesn't remember the passwords.
I've downloaded allinternalpasswords.xls but don't know how that's
supposed to work.
I've downloaded and "added in" password.xla, but when I try to open the
passworded workbook I get nowhere. It says that the workbook is
unprotected, but it's not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Alan

--
alankeno
alankeno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28397

Dave Peterson

If the allinternalpasswords.xls file is based on the code at J.E. McGimpsey's
site:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Then this will break the passwords set by:
tools|protection|protect worksheet
or
tools|Protection|protect workbook

It won't break the passwords applied via:
file|Saveas|Tools...
or passwords to the VBA project.

But J.E. does have some notes that may point you in the right direction for this
level of protection:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

alankeno wrote:

Hello All,

I've inheirited some workbooks that to my displeasure are passworded.
The original owner doesn't remember the passwords.
I've downloaded allinternalpasswords.xls but don't know how that's
supposed to work.
I've downloaded and "added in" password.xla, but when I try to open the
passworded workbook I get nowhere. It says that the workbook is
unprotected, but it's not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Alan

--
alankeno
alankeno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28397
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=349207

--

Dave Peterson

Junior Member

hello
You should Use PDS Excel password recovery software which recover lost or forget excel file password. you can click this link and use PDS Excel password recovery software

http://www.microsoftexcelpasswordrecovery.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post