Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with Histograms

I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul -

I have not had that problem.

I am not able to replicate your problem using Excel 2003 SP2.

- Mike
www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In microsoft.public.excel.misc on Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Mike Middleton
wrote :

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Paul -

I have not had that problem.

I am not able to replicate your problem using Excel 2003 SP2.

It's not something that makes Excel crash though - that might be easier
as then I'd presumably have an error report.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul -

I cannot remember exactly, but I may have seen this behavior on a computer
running Excel 2003 that also had Excel 2007 installed. What is your setup?

- Mike
www.MikeMiddleton.com

wrote :

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Paul -

I have not had that problem.

I am not able to replicate your problem using Excel 2003 SP2.

It's not something that makes Excel crash though - that might be easier as
then I'd presumably have an error report.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In microsoft.public.excel.misc on Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Mike Middleton
wrote :

I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Paul -

I cannot remember exactly, but I may have seen this behavior on a computer
running Excel 2003 that also had Excel 2007 installed. What is your setup?

- Mike

XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 SBE.

BTW, if you have Office 2003, is it possible to *just* upgrade the Excel
part of it to 2007 (which you seem to imply from the above)?

The increase in number of columns would be handy for me, as some of my
spreadsheets would be more efficient extended horizontally, rather than
vertically as I am currently forced to.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul -

On amazon.co.uk, a search of Software for "excel 2007 upgrade" shows that
it's available.

- Mike

wrote :

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In microsoft.public.excel.misc on Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Mike Middleton
wrote :

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

BTW, if you have Office 2003, is it possible to *just* upgrade the Excel
part of it to 2007 (which you seem to imply from the above)?

The increase in number of columns would be handy for me, as some of my
spreadsheets would be more efficient extended horizontally, rather than
vertically as I am currently forced to.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

On amazon.co.uk, a search of Software for "excel 2007 upgrade" shows that
it's available.

Thanks - but that wasn't what I meant.

Can you upgrade *just* the Excel part of Office 2003?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul -

Thanks - but that wasn't what I meant. Can you upgrade *just* the Excel
part of Office 2003? <

I don't understand what you mean. As I said, when I browse to amazon.co.uk,
select "Software" in the Search drop-down list box, type "excel 2007
upgrade" in the edit box, and click the Go! button, I get

Microsoft Excel 2007 (Upgrade) (PC)

If you don't want Excel 2007, what is it that you do want?

- Mike

wrote :

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message

BTW, if you have Office 2003, is it possible to *just* upgrade the Excel
part of it to 2007 (which you seem to imply from the above)?

The increase in number of columns would be handy for me, as some of my
spreadsheets would be more efficient extended horizontally, rather than
vertically as I am currently forced to.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email
me)

On amazon.co.uk, a search of Software for "excel 2007 upgrade" shows that
it's available.

Thanks - but that wasn't what I meant.

Can you upgrade *just* the Excel part of Office 2003?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul -

An alternative is my free "Better Histogram" add-in available for download
from www.treeplan.com.

- Mike
www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003, and when I try to select Input & Bin ranges using
the click & drag method, it won't select the range I'm trying to cover -
instead picking up columns next to the one I want. I end up having to
manually input the range.

Has anyone else had this problem?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In microsoft.public.excel.misc on Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Mike Middleton
wrote :

Paul -

An alternative is my free "Better Histogram" add-in available for download
from www.treeplan.com.

Thanks - I'll check it out.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In , Paul Hyett
spake thusly:

An alternative is my free "Better Histogram" add-in available for
download

from www.treeplan.com.

That looks terrific. Thanks!

Dallman