Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet

I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tool=Options=General-- Uncheck R1C1 reference style (in Settings)

"Helpme Please" wrote:

I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools | Options | General tab | deselect R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" <Helpme wrote in message
I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Trevor

Thank you very much for your fast response, it worked and I really do
appreciate your help.

Thanks again

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Tools | Options | General tab | deselect R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" <Helpme wrote in message
I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet Why do this ?

Trevor

Why would you want to refernce the headings like that anyway? Would you know?

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Tools | Options | General tab | deselect R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" <Helpme wrote in message
I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess it's just personal choice and probably something to do with backward
compatibility with Lotus 123. Personally, I wouldn't choose it but I'm sure
are there are lots of people who do.

Regards

Trevor

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Tools | Options | General tab | deselect R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" <Helpme wrote in
message
I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG
etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the General Tab
3. Click to slect the R1C1 Refernce Style check box
4. Click Ok to return to active worksheet. Now the column heading have
changed to ABCDEFG and so on.

Challa Prabhu

"Helpme Please" wrote:

I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007:

Click the Office button
Excel OptionsFormulasWorking with formulasuncheck R1C1 reference styleOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP