Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet Why do this ?

I guess it's just personal choice and probably something to do with backward
compatibility with Lotus 123. Personally, I wouldn't choose it but I'm sure
are there are lots of people who do.

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" wrote in message
Trevor

Why would you want to refernce the headings like that anyway? Would you
know?

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Tools | Options | General tab | deselect R1C1 reference style

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme Please" <Helpme wrote in
message
I have been given a spreadsheet to work on that has the column headings
across the top shown as numbers instead of the usual letters (ABCDEFG
etc)
How do I get it to show the letters again please?