Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Files in Excel 2007 Delayed on workstation

When excel is closed on the workstation and you try to open a file from the
server on your workstation it is delayed up to 3 mins. I am pulling the file
from my documents and exploring to the drive on the server. If excel is
opened on the workstation it open right then, requesting the file from within
excel or from my documents. So far this has appeared on 2 workstations. Any
ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many people have run into this. At this point the only sure fix is to have
Excel open. Hopefully this will be fixed in the first service release of
Excel 2007.

--
Jim