Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Worksheets

I am trying to create a database, where in Column A, I would have a list of
names, and then create 3 or 4 worksheets where as I click on each tab, the
names would appear on each one of those worksheets without having to put the
list of names on each worksheet. Each page will have different info on it, so
also would like to know how to link these pages so if I need to delete a row,
it will delete the row from all 4 worksheets, without having to delete it
from each page seperately. Thanks for any help in advance and hope I
explained what I am trying to do well enough lol.

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andy,
You will need code to this (if understand your requirement
correctly) BUT I am unaware of how code could be activated simply by
selecting a worksheet tab. Maybe use a button to activate any code?

Is the full list to go on each (of the 3 or 4) sheet? And what is the
"different info"?

Some more details (examples) are required please.

"Andy920" wrote:

I am trying to create a database, where in Column A, I would have a list of
names, and then create 3 or 4 worksheets where as I click on each tab, the
names would appear on each one of those worksheets without having to put the
list of names on each worksheet. Each page will have different info on it, so
also would like to know how to link these pages so if I need to delete a row,
it will delete the row from all 4 worksheets, without having to delete it
from each page seperately. Thanks for any help in advance and hope I
explained what I am trying to do well enough lol.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi topper, thanks for helping. What I am trying to do is make a database for
employee's. One the firat worksheet have their names in Column A then in
B,C,C etc have their address, phone #'s etc. One the 2nd page want to have
hours worked, ovetime, etc. page 3, vacation time, etc. Page 4 a comments
page. What I would like is to have it so I just click a tab on the bottom for
each sheet and have the names appear one each tab rather then need to imput
the names on each sheet. Trying to do this so I dont have one long worksheet
of columns I have to scroll back and forth across to see the info. And if
possible, create the sheets so if I need to delete a row out, or move it, it
will do so on all 4 pages, not have to do it individually for each page.
Hope this explains better what I am trying to do. Thanks again

"Andy920" wrote:

I am trying to create a database, where in Column A, I would have a list of
names, and then create 3 or 4 worksheets where as I click on each tab, the
names would appear on each one of those worksheets without having to put the
list of names on each worksheet. Each page will have different info on it, so
also would like to know how to link these pages so if I need to delete a row,
it will delete the row from all 4 worksheets, without having to delete it
from each page seperately. Thanks for any help in advance and hope I
explained what I am trying to do well enough lol.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not just copy/paste names from Sheet 1 to Sheets 2-4: certainly initially?

Assuming names are on ALL sheets, then a worksheet event on Sheet1 (VBA
code) could be used to handle changes e.g. deleted / changed records.

However, I think most people would advise against splitting the data on to
several sheets. For example, address data is relatively static, so you could
place this data to the far right of your columns. And vacation time is also
not very volatile, compared to hours worked etc..

You could also hyperlink to the various sections to mimimise scrolling.

HTH

"Andy920" wrote:

I am trying to create a database, where in Column A, I would have a list of
names, and then create 3 or 4 worksheets where as I click on each tab, the
names would appear on each one of those worksheets without having to put the
list of names on each worksheet. Each page will have different info on it, so
also would like to know how to link these pages so if I need to delete a row,
it will delete the row from all 4 worksheets, without having to delete it
from each page seperately. Thanks for any help in advance and hope I
explained what I am trying to do well enough lol.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do have the names on each sheet. This is for an online forum I work for and
the people that work for it come and go quite constantly. So what I was
looking for was if one leaves and I want to delete them from the database, to
be able to do so by deleting the row, and having that row delete from each
page all in one delete, not have to go to each page seperatly to do so. Also
knew there was a way to only need the names from column A just once and list
each time I clicked on one of the tabs, but can't remember how now, kind of
been awhile since I did alot with excel.