Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default After Enter, go to correct cell

I may be crazy, but it seems to me that after I hit Enter, my cursor USED to
go down a row and to the column that I first filled in. Does that make
sense? If I filled in A1, B1, C1, D1, and E1 and then hit Enter, it would
move to A2. Now it doesn't. I can't figure out how to make it do what I
want. Can anyone help?

I'm using Excel 2002 SP1. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you after entering data in A1, B1 etc use the tab key to move to the next
cell to the right it will do as you remember when you press enter. If
nothing happens when you press enter then go into toolsoptionsedit and
check "Move selection after enter"

Peo Sjoblom

"ClaireView" wrote in message
I may be crazy, but it seems to me that after I hit Enter, my cursor USED
go down a row and to the column that I first filled in. Does that make
sense? If I filled in A1, B1, C1, D1, and E1 and then hit Enter, it would
move to A2. Now it doesn't. I can't figure out how to make it do what I
want. Can anyone help?

I'm using Excel 2002 SP1. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Aha! Using the Tab key was the answer. For what I was doing, it made more
sense to use the arrow keys, so the Enter wasn't working correctly. I tried
it using the Tab key and it worked just like I remember. Thanks for your
help, this was driving me crazy!