Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sending spreadsheet via email with recipents addy

I've created a spreadsheet with hyperlinks.
One of my hyperlinks says 'Click here to send this spreadsheet to....'
When I click on it it takes me to microsoft outlook with the email recipent
and the subject (as I had set these up in the hyperlink menu.
But what I would like is if i can get the spreadsheet attached to the email
with the name and subject filed in as well.
Going via File Send to Mail Recipient (by attachment) only gives me the
spreadsheet attached but not the recipent or subject of the email
Is there any way to do this in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi There

Using a macro, this is very possible, see the following links

http://www.excelkb.com/article.aspx?...4&cNode=5V1C8G
and
http://www.excelkb.com/article.aspx?...4&cNode=5V1C8G

Might need a little manipulation, but will give you the basic setup

HTH

"Unable to print" wrote:

I've created a spreadsheet with hyperlinks.
One of my hyperlinks says 'Click here to send this spreadsheet to....'
When I click on it it takes me to microsoft outlook with the email recipent
and the subject (as I had set these up in the hyperlink menu.
But what I would like is if i can get the spreadsheet attached to the email
with the name and subject filed in as well.
Going via File Send to Mail Recipient (by attachment) only gives me the
spreadsheet attached but not the recipent or subject of the email
Is there any way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steve_doc thanks so much for this.
I dont know macro that well, is there any other way to do it.
I opened up the macro and copied and pasted the links you gave me but when I
ran it there were error messages which really didnt mean much to me.
The second link you gave me has what i need to enter myself (into the maco)
but I dont know VBA Code so its a bit hard.

Is there another way!!

Please help me.