Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I combine cells with first/last names into email addy?

I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a domain to
create a useable email address.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if the names are in A1 and B1, use:

=A1 & "." & B1 & "
--
Gary's Student

"Patrick" wrote:

I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a domain to
create a useable email address.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was thinking I could possibly populate another column with the results, but
don't know if that's possible; i.e. have the formula calculate the email
address, then send it to a cell as a value only.

"Patrick" wrote:

I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a domain to
create a useable email address.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

solution cannot be provided because you have not put data and respective
cells. however i suppose your data as
col A contains First name
col B contains Last name
col C contains Domain

now to join all these three to make a useable email address put
following funtions in col D and copy down.
=A1&B1&"@"&C1

hope this would serve your purpose.

Patrick Wrote:
I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a
domain to
create a useable email address.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See above. I got that far. I got a formula to create the correct email
address, but it is not "clickable." I want excel to automatically hyperlink
the email address, so I don't have to manually create the hyperlink.

Patrick Wrote:
I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a
domain to
create a useable email address.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573025

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i dont think there is a way to do this through formulas
however you can do this with a little manual work
copy the column which contains formula (say col D) and right click on
cell E1, select paste special and check values then Ok.
now click on cell E1 and press F2 then enter (this will turn email into
hyperlink), repeat this for cell E2, E3 and so on... this means you have
to press F2 and then Enter for all cells down.

hope this would help.

Patrick Wrote:
I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a
domain to
create a useable email address.

--
starguy

starguy's Profile:

View this thread:

starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573025

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just tried this and it worked for me:
=HYPERLINK("mailto:"&A2&B2&"@"&C2,A2&B2&"@"&C2)

I put my first name in a2, my last initital (as that is how my email is set
up) in b2 and my domain name in c2.
--
Kevin Vaughn

Patrick Wrote:
I need to combine a first name with last name, combine them with a
domain to
create a useable email address.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573025

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Patrick" wrote:

You are the KING!!! Thanks!