R D S

Default Crashing when a row is inserted

Hi,
I am getting a problem where excel crashes if I insert a row, it seems to be
something on the sheet as the file has been tried on several computers with
the same problem.
We had a crash the other day, suspect bad ram so i think some data must be
corrupted.
I can load a known good backup but when i cut and paste the data into it the
same occurs.
If i do a paste special/values a message comes up 'merged cells must be
identically sized'.
How do i find the merged cells, im pretty sure non should be.

Any help appreciated

R D S

Well I highlighted the entire data area, went to format/alignment and there
was a tick in a grey background in 'merge cells', unticked the box and all
seems fine.
I just wish the error messages could be a little more intuitive.

Rick