Camroc

Default cannot open inserted objected in worksheet

I have a worksheet with an inserted objected.

When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application".

I had a look at the Microsoft KB.

I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC.

Thanks,

Camroc.

Frank Kabel

Hi
what kind of object is this (do you have the master application which
created this object?)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Camroc" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a worksheet with an inserted objected.

When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application".

I had a look at the Microsoft KB.

I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC.

Thanks,

Camroc.

Jon Peltier

Is the workbook shared?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Camroc wrote:

I have a worksheet with an inserted objected.

When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application".

I had a look at the Microsoft KB.

I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC.

Thanks,

Camroc.

Camroc

Yes the workbook is shared and the original object was created in Excel.

Same version of Excel - Excel 2000.

Thanks,

Camroc.
"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Is the workbook shared?

- Jon
-------

Camroc wrote:

I have a worksheet with an inserted objected.

When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application".

I had a look at the Microsoft KB.

I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC.

Thanks,

Camroc.

---

Jon Peltier

Camroc -

Shared workbooks have some constraints not present in unshared workbooks. Look in
the help for "Limitations of Shared Workbooks". One thing it says is:

In a shared workbook, you cannot do the following:

Objects, charts, pictures, and hyperlinks

+ Insert or change charts, pictures, objects, or hyperlinks.
+ Use the drawing tools.

I think you're out of luck.

- Jon
-------