Nick

Default Excel crashing when typing VLOOKUP

Hi,

Occasionally when using the VLOOKUP formula excel crashes
and starts recovering when I type FALSE as the last
argument. I haven't been able to track a trend so I can't
identify any particular aspects of the spreadsheets which
could be causing it.

If I use the Insert Function tool and fill in each box
then it will work fine, also if I use 0 instead of typing
false it doesn't cause a problem. As I said, this doesn't
happen every time but just once in a while.

Has anyone seen this happening before or, better yet, know
what is causing it so I can prevent it from happening
again?

Thanks

Nick

Frank Kabel

Hi
never heard of this behaviour before. Last resort could be a
re-installation of Office

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Nick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Occasionally when using the VLOOKUP formula excel crashes
and starts recovering when I type FALSE as the last
argument. I haven't been able to track a trend so I can't
identify any particular aspects of the spreadsheets which
could be causing it.

If I use the Insert Function tool and fill in each box
then it will work fine, also if I use 0 instead of typing
false it doesn't cause a problem. As I said, this doesn't
happen every time but just once in a while.

Has anyone seen this happening before or, better yet, know
what is causing it so I can prevent it from happening
again?

Thanks

Nick

Not sure that would have any effect. It happens on more
than one machine and on more than one version of excel(97
and also 2002).

If any more details are needed please let me know (OS is
Win2K BTW)

Nick

.