Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data from Pivot Table

I am receiving data from client. Its in the form of Pivot Table in excel
sheet.

I want to transfer these details to Sql server for further analysis.

I cant get the data correctly from the sheet.

I tried to get data from Pivot Cache. It show some error message in the
Recordset Property on PivotCache as "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC".

Excel version is not as issue. U can provide solution in any excel version.

Help me to get data from excel to sql server.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Praveen

The quickest way is to summarise the P/T to a single cell, say a total by
removing all the row and column fields, leaving just a summed 'value' double
click it. So long as there is no more than 65536 rows (up to 2003) in the
dataset, Excel will dump the full data file into a new sheet, move this to a
new workbook and then import this to SQL

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"praveen" wrote in message
I am receiving data from client. Its in the form of Pivot Table in excel
sheet.

I want to transfer these details to Sql server for further analysis.

I cant get the data correctly from the sheet.

I tried to get data from Pivot Cache. It show some error message in the
Recordset Property on PivotCache as "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC".

Excel version is not as issue. U can provide solution in any excel
version.

Help me to get data from excel to sql server.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nick,
Thanks for your suggestion. Is their any way to automate this process in
..Net.

I am using ASP.Net with C#. Is it possible to make automate the process.
Because i am receiving more that 10 files daily with 5 sheets each in the
file .
It take lot of time to do the process.

Help me.

Thanks,
Praveen.

"praveen" wrote in message
I am receiving data from client. Its in the form of Pivot Table in excel
sheet.

I want to transfer these details to Sql server for further analysis.

I cant get the data correctly from the sheet.

I tried to get data from Pivot Cache. It show some error message in the
Recordset Property on PivotCache as "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC".

Excel version is not as issue. U can provide solution in any excel
version.

Help me to get data from excel to sql server.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Praveen

Honestly,you would do better to 'collate' the data from the files into
something like SQL and then use that data source to run your controls in
ASP.Net.

To automate this many files, with multiple sheets in C# would be tough.
(certainly tough for me)